Raising from Angels
IP Startup Strategy
Talk Tech: Virtual Mini-Series
5 Week Virtual Webinar
Wednesday, October 16 – Wednesday, November 13 | Online | Register
Join us in our online 5-week web mini-series as we discuss startup equity opportunities. We will help you learn what investors are funding, how to protect your IP, different equity funding options, and how to build a strong founding team.
Featured Speakers From
Guide to Raising from Angels
Webinar 1 – Wednesday, October 16th @ 12PM
Speaker: Lisa Tsou, Founder of the Winning Pitch and Advisory Board Member -Women Founders Network
Learn more about Lisa Tsou
- What’s an angel and why are they important?
- Finding and approaching the right angel
- What you need to make a great pitch
- Building a relationship with your investor
Venture Financing Options, Structures, and Risks
Webinar 2 – Wednesday, October 23rd @ 12PM
Speaker: Bardia Moayedi, Associate, Troutman Sanders
Learn more about Bardia Moayedi
- Equity funding options
- Structures – SAFEs, Convertible Notes, Seed, and Series A
- Legal and Financial Risks
- Where to start? Which structure is best for you? How do you safeguard as best as you can?
Making IP Part of Your Startup’s Strategy & 5 Ways to Keep Those Trade Secrets Safe
Webinar 3 – Wednesday, October 30th @ 12PM
Speaker: Bryant Lee, Co-Founder/CEO, Cognition IP
Learn more about Bryant Lee
- Identifying IP – An overview of what, where, and why you need to protect
- IP Strategy – Need it? Counsel, your plan, budget, and filing
- 5 Ways to Keep Your IP Safe – IP Ownership, NDAs, Confidentiality and more!
Your Entity Formation Cheat-Sheet
Webinar 4 – Wednesday, November 6th @ 12PM
Speaker: Azad Virk, Shareholder Corporate and Technology Transactions, Stradling
Learn more about Azad Virk
- Legal Structure – What option is right for you? The short of pros/cons, and the cost.
- Registration- What’s with Delaware?
- Is there a time to incorporate? Should I do it online?
- Do investors favor certain structures – like C-Corps?
- How to Register – DIY vs. Law Firm
Building a Healthy Founding Team for Funding and the Future
Webinar 5 – Wednesday, November 13th @ 12PM
Speaker: Ike Kavas, Founder and CEO, Ephesoft
Learn more about Ike Kavas
- It’s one of the top 20 reasons startups fail – why?
- Diverse skill sets, checks and balances, roles and reponsibilities
- Why do funders look at your team?
- Key areas oof focus for your team
- Building a team for the long haul